United Methodist Christians affirm that God shows love and care to God’s creation in countless ways. Moreover, we recognize that God gives abundantly–meeting both our spiritual and physical needs beyond what’s sufficient. That God pours blessing upon us compels us to turn outward, and give with extravagant generosity.
Below is a list of some of the established ministries in our area and beyond to which Lone Oak UMC contributes, in an effort to broaden the reach of God’s transforming love.
• Paducah Cooperative Ministry is an organization of local churches of various denominations which supports the homeless and needy in the area. Its director a member of our congregation, Lone Oak UMC is one of many member churches who offer support through regular donations of food items, volunteers, and money.
• West Kentucky United Methodist Family Services is a local branch of a national United Methodist agency that ministers to high-risk children and families through a variety of programs. Members of our congregation serve on its board, and we regularly contribute financially to the organization’s needs.
• Reelfoot Rural Ministries is an agency of The United Methodist Church’s Memphis Conference that offers various sorts of assistance (clothing, food, school supplies, toys, etc.) to meet persons’ material needs. Aside from taking up special offerings at Christmas or other times, we have a collection bin where persons can donate at any time.
• Project 20/20 is a United Methodist-founded ministry that collects and repairs/recycles used eye wear, in order to provide them and eye exams inexpensively (or free) to persons in need. Our church building houses a donation box that’s always open.
• United Methodist Mountain Mission is a ministry out of eastern Kentucky that serves the temporal needs of person who are impoverished. We collect donations, serving as a community drop-off point.
• Scholar House of Paducah is an organization that helps low-income individuals and families who are enrolled in school to have affordable housing while pursuing their degree. We support their efforts through various collections and gifts.